A Disability Income insurance policy protects the most valuable economic asset an individual posses and the asset that makes everything possible- your ability to work and earn an income in your occupation.
With an unexpected loss of income due to a disabling sickness or injury, disability income insurance may be a tool to:
- Provide security and income continuity for your loved ones in the event of the unexpected (if you are unable to work due to an illness or accident)
- Minimize the impact of increased health costs because of the need for physical therapy or special equipment
- Sustain a small business or single-income family until you return to work
- Protect your personal assets from exhaustion or liquidation
- Provide quality of coverage and protection superior to Workers' Compensation or Social Security
Disability policies are not cookie cutter. Meriles Business Center can assist you with exploring the sources of income and many things to consider when buying disability income insurance.